2 cloves garlic
1 brown onion, peeled and halved
1 red apple cored and halved
400 g ripe tomatoes, halved
3 ripe plums, washed and de-stoned
100 g brown sugar
1 tbsp smoky paprika
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp tomato paste
100 g apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp treacle
1 bay leaf
- Place garlic, onion and apple into TM bowl and chop for 3 sec/speed 7.
- Add tomatoes and plums and mix for 30 sec/speed 7.
- Add all other ingredients and cook for 30 min/100ºC/speed 1 with MC in place.
- To thicken sauce cook for another 14 minutes/Varoma/speed 1. To reduce spatter, but allow reduction of liquid, replace MC with steamer basket. Remove bay leaf.
- Insert measuring cup into mixing bowl lid, then blend 1 min/speed 4-8, increasing speed gradually from speed 4 to speed 8.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars.
- You can substitute treacle with equal parts dark corn syrup or molasses