30 g honey
30 g peanut butter
500 g milk, either low fat or full cream
250 g natural yoghurt, either full fat or low fat
2 bananas, approx 200 g, cut in pieces
50 g rolled oats
- Place all ingredients into TM bowl. Blend 30 sec/speed 10.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately. Best served cold.
- For a vegan smoothie or for someone with lactose intolerance, substitute milk for nut milk or lactose free milk.
- Substitute the yoghurt by freezing nut milk or lactose free milk into ice cubes and place 250 g frozen milk cubes into the smoothie.
- Substitute the peanut butter for any nut butter.
- When bananas are getting over ripe, cut into pieces and freeze. Use the frozen bananas in the smoothie.
- For a gluten-free smoothie, substitute the oats for gluten-free oats, available at health shops.
- For a slightly nutty flavor, toast a batch of oats lightly in the oven and store. Use when necessary.
- For a less sweet smoothie, omit the honey.