220 g of plain flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
125 g coconut oil (or butter if preferred – see notes)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 soft and brown medium sized bananas, quartered
75 g caster sugar
110 g of brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and lightly grease a large loaf tin.
- Place the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into your Thermomix bowl. Blitz 3 or 4 times on 5 sec/turbo to sift the ingredients together. Transfer to a separate bowl and set aside until needed.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and bananas. Mix for 15 sec/speed 6 to combine. You may need to mix for longer depending on how ripe your bananas are.
- Add the sifted ingredients along with the sugar to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and mix for a further 5 sec/speed 5..
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 55 minutes or until the banana bread is golden on top and cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- If using butter instead of coconut oil, melt butter 2 min/100°C/speed 1 in step 3 before adding eggs, vanilla extract and bananas.
This recipe has been adapted slightly from the Thermomix Banana Bread recipe by Lauren at Thermobliss: https://thermobliss.com/thermomix-banana-bread/