2 garlic cloves
1 brown onion (approx. 150 g) cut into halves
40 g butter
2 Granny Smith apples, core removed and cut into quarters
8 fresh sage leaves
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
160 g day-old bread (approx. 3-4 slices), torn into pieces (3 cm)
2 pinches sea salt, to taste
2 pinches ground black pepper, to taste
- Place garlic, onion and butter into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down the sides of mixing bowl with spatula and then cook 2 min/100°C/speed 1.
- Add apple, sage and vinegar and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then cook 2 min/100°C/speed 1.
- Add bread, salt, and pepper and chop 10 sec/speed 7. Serve warm or transfer stuffing into a bowl and set aside to cool completely before using.
- Ensure your stuffing is completely cool before using
- Serve this as a delicious side dish or use to stuff Whole Steamed Chicken (see page 80, Festive Flavours)
- Stuffing can be made in advance or frozen up to 2 weeks. Defrost stuffing overnight in the refrigerator before using.