1 small slab peppermint chocolate
150 g sugar
50 g golden syrup
50 g salted butter
3 tsp vanilla essence
100 g milk
500 g cream
One 1.5 litre container
- Grind a small slab of peppermint chocolate in the mixing bowl for 6 sec/speed 6, and set aside for later use.
- In a clean mixing bowl, add sugar, syrup, butter and vanilla essence, and mix 15 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add salt, milk and cream and mix for 30 sec/speed 5.
- Add eggs and the ground peppermint chocolate to the bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 5, and then another
5 min/80°C/speed 4.
- Pour mixture into a 1.5 litre container and freeze for 12 hours.
- Take out and mix for 1 min/speed 5.
- Put back into the freezer for a couple of hours before ready to enjoy.
- Freeze for another 6 hours after step 6, and then mix for another 1 min/speed 5 if you have the time. This makes the ice cream even smoother
- You can add any other chocolate to the mix in step 4, or even nuts to taste
- If you leave out the chocolate/nuts, it will then be a normal vanilla ice cream