500g pitted prunes
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp honey
125g desiccated coconut
- Place prunes in TM bowl and mince for 25 sec/speed 8.
- Add sugar and 15g water and cook 20 min/90°C/speed 1, scrape down sides of TM bowl after 5 minutes, making sure there is no sugar up the sides of the bowl.
- Check to make sure the sugar has completely dissolved, add the lemon juice and honey and cook for 50 min/100°C/speed 1 with the MC (measuring cup) removed.
- Add the nuts and cook for a further 10 min/100°C/reverse/speed 1.
- Remove from TM bowl – be careful because this will be hot and sticky.
- Spread the coconut over a board, tray or silicon mat. Place tennis ball size spoonfuls of the mixture onto the coconut. When cool enough to handle, roll each mound into a sausage shape, so it becomes a smooth log covered in coconut. Wrapped in foil, glad wrap or baking paper and refrigerate until cold.
- Keeps well, terrific with cheese!
- Use pecan nuts or walnuts if preferred
- Goes well with cheese or coffee