½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ cup dates, chopped
½ cup nuts, chopped
½ cup glace cherries, chopped
1 wineglass brandy
½ tsp salt
1tsp baking powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Melt butter in TM bowl for 3 min/55°C/speed 2.
- Add water, sugar, bicarb, currents, sultanas, raisins and dates into TM bowl. Bring to a boil for 15 min/100°C/speed 1, then allow to stand overnight.
- The following day, add nuts, cherries, flour, brandy, salt, baking powder, and lightly beaten eggs. Mix in TM bowl for 30 sec/speed 3.
- Line large baking tin with baking paper and bake at 160°C for 1½ to 2 hours.
- A great accompaniment to this recipe is some quick and easy custard made in the Thermomix.
- Once baked, sprinkle with icing sugar for extra sweetness