1 garlic clove
20 g olive oil
1 tbsp mixed herbs, dried
500 g cherry tomatoes
300 g Jasmine rice
580 g water
1 tbsp vegetable stock
salt and pepper, to taste
Garlic Squid Heads
3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
½ tsp chilli powder
600g squid heads, cleaned
Olive oil for cooking
- Place onion and garlic and chop 5 secs/speed 5. Scrape down bowl.
- Add oil, mixed herbs and sauté 2 mins/120°C/speed 1.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and liquidise 30 sec/speed 10.
- Insert butterfly, then add the jasmine rice and cook on reverse for 1 min/speed 1.
- Add the water, stock and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 25 min/100°C/speed 1/reverse.
- Place garlic in TM bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5. Set aside.
- Place salt, pepper and chilli powder into the bowl. Mix for 5 sec/speed 5, then scrape down the sides with the spatula.
- Add squid heads to the bowl. Combine reverse for 5 sec/speed 3, or until calamari is well coated in marinade.
- While tomato rice is cooking, place oil and garlic into a large frying pan over high heat.
- Place squid heads in the pan for 2 minutes, then serve with tomato rice.
- For a more saucy tomato rice, more water can be added if needed during the cooking process