150 g sesame seeds
15 g oil, may increase this
Salt to taste, (optional)
- Place sesame seeds into TM bowl and dry-roast 8-10 min/100°C/speed 1. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add oil and purée 25 sec/speed 10. Using TM spatula, scrape down sides of the bowl. Check consistency. Should a runnier paste be required, add more oil and blend a further 10 sec/speed 9. This may be repeated until preferred consistency has been achieved.
- Bottle in a sterilised jar and store in the refrigerator. Use as required.
- Don’t toast the seeds, use raw.
- May use natural, hulled, unhulled or black sesame seeds which will affect the finished taste and colour.
- Use a mild oil such as light olive oil, canola, sesame or grape seed.
- Milling the seeds first, 25 sec/speed 10, then adding the oil will give a smoother texture.