½ an onion or ½ tsp onion powder
3 garlic cloves
600-750 g ground beef
35 g ground flax seed (Ground whole flaxseed; 16 sec/speed 9)
55 g warm water
1 tbsp gluten free worchestershire sauce
3 tbsp coconut flour
10 g non dairy milk
1 ½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp pepper
500 g cauliflower florets
500 g water
Sweet and sour sauce
10 g coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
125 g coconut palm sugar
105 g white vinegar
60g allowed tomato sauce
1 tsp garlic salt
10 g gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos
2 tbsp tapioca flour (sago)
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flax seeds with warm water. Set aside to thicken
- Place ½ an onion and the garlic gloves in the TM bowl, blend 5 sec/speed 5, scrape down sides and repeat.
- Add the beef, ground flax seed mixture, worchestershire sauce, coconut flour, non dairy milk, salt and pepper, mix
10 -15 sec/reverse/speed 5.
- Roll meat mixture into meatballs and place on Varoma tray.
- Wash the bowl.
- Place the cauliflower florets into the TM bowl mix 5 sec/reverse/speed 5, transfer to simmering basket.
- Add 500g water to TM bowl, cook 10-12 min/Varoma/speed 3.
- Place cooked cauliflower in Thermomserver and keep aside.
- Give TM bowl a quick rinse.
- Add onion and olive oil for sauce in to TM bowl, chop 3 sec/speed 5, then sauté 3 min/120°C/ speed 1.
- Add the sugar, vinegar, tomato sauce, salt and soy sauce to the TM bowl, mix 10 sec/speed 2.
- Add additional water to sauce, up to 500 ml mark in TM bowl. Place Varoma into position and cook 20 min/Varoma/speed 1 or until cooked through.
- Remove the Varoma.
- Just before serving combine tapioca with 2 tbsp cold water and add to the sauce in the TM bowl. Mix 1 min/ spoon.
- Transfer the meatballs into a serving dish and pour the sauce over before serving.