Preparation time: 3 minutes excluding resting and baking time
Makes: 1 loaf
500 g cold water
180 g almonds
180 g pumpkin seeds (for flour)
80 g pumpkin seeds
140 g buckwheat or brown rice flour
100 g sunflower seeds
15 g psyllium husk powder
20 g chia seeds
2 tbsp of dried mixed herbs (basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano)
Himalayan rock salt and pepper to taste
- Place the almonds and 180g pumpkin seeds in the mixing bowl and blend for 20 sec/speed 10 until a smooth flour forms.
- Add the remaining pumpkin seeds, buckwheat or brown rice flour, sunflower seeds, psyllium husk powder, dried herbs and salt and mix for 20 sec/speed 3/reverse.
- Program 1 min/speed 3/reverse and pour the water through the hole in the lid whilst the Thermomix is running.
- With the aid of the spatula give it a good stir.
- Let the mixture sit for an hour or so to fully absorb all the water and firm up.
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Only once the mixture is nice and firm, should you place it into the loaf tin
- Grease the base of a loaf tin with coconut or olive oil, pour the mix in and firmly press it down with a spoon or spatula.
- Place the bread in the oven and bake for 40 min to an hour, until the top begins to brown and you can pull a knife out of the middle without any mix sticking to it.
- You can store the bread in the fridge as it makes it last longer, or you can freeze it.
- Slice it before freezing to make toasting easier.
- Best enjoyed with blended avocado, salt, pepper and sliced tomato or smothered in your favourite toppings.