10-15g ginger peeled
20g sesame oil
100g peanut butter (smooth)
80g soy sauce
50g maple syrup
Chicken and rice
400g chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
400g coconut milk (tin)
400g mixed vegetables of your choice (optional)
sesame seeds (optional)
- Add ginger to TM bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
- Add sesame oil and sauté 1 min/100°C/ speed 1.
- Add peanut butter, soy sauce and maple syrup and mix for 10 sec/speed 5.
- Set aside approximately half of the marinade. Add the chicken to the Thermomix bowl with the remaining marinade and mix 10 sec/reverse/speed 1.5.
- Place coated chicken on Varoma tray. Do not rinse Thermomix bowl.
- Add coconut milk and water to bowl. Insert simmering basket. Add rice into the basket. Place Varoma with chicken into position and cook 15 min/Varoma/speed 3.
- Stir chicken and sprinkle with sesame seeds if using. If you are cooking vegetables, you can add them to the Varoma dish. Cook 8 min/Varoma/speed 3.
- Check chicken, vegetables and rice are cooked. Set aside in Thermoserver.
- Drain the “sauce” into a jug. Add 200g of this reserved sauce into TM bowl. Add the reserved marinade and cook 2 min/100 °C/ speed 3. Pour over the chicken/veg /rice as preferred and serve.
- If you do cook the rice further, make sure that there is enough liquid in the TM bowl (above 500 mark). Remember to add hot water.