50g cheddar cheese
5g fresh parsley
Few sprigs fresh thyme, stalks removed or ½ tsp dried
350 – 400g minced beef
1 whole egg
1 onion – peeled and quartered
1 clove garlic
10g olive oil
1 can crushed tomatoes (+/- 400g)
½ – 1 tsp chilli flakes
1 Tbls TM vegetable stock concentrate
½ tsp paprika or smoked paprika
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Pinch sugar (optional)
- Grate cheddar cheese for 4 seconds /speed 5. Set aside.
- Chop herbs for 3 seconds /speed 7. Scrape down sides of TM bowl with spatula.
- Add mince, seasoning and 1 egg and mix for 5 seconds /speed 5. Transfer to a bowl.
- Grease the Varoma dish and tray and with oiled hands, form 8 to 12 meatballs and place them in the Varoma dish and tray.
- Add onion and garlic and chop for 5 seconds /speed 5.
- Add olive oil and sauté for 3 minutes/ 100°C/ speed 1.
- Add tomatoes, spices and TM vegetable stock concentrate.
- Place Varoma into position and cook for 15 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the meatballs into a baking dish, cover with tomato sauce and sprinkle with the reserved grated cheddar cheese.
- >Bake for 10 minutes (180°C) until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve with cauliflower mash or vegetables of choice.
- Use mince of choice, or make one’s own combination. Mince the meat in the TM in preference to store bought if preferred.