250-300g mandarin juice or Clemengold juice
50g raw sugar
400g whipping cream
70g granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
275g eggs (about 5 extra large eggs)
Grated chocolate and mandarins for decoration
- Mandarin Creme. Place juice, sugar and cornflour into TM bowl. Cook 8 min/80°C/speed 4.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl and blend 30 sec/speed 8 until very smooth.
- Carefully spoon into small glasses keeping the glass at an angle. Repeat with the remaining glasses and mixture keeping the glasses at the same angle. Refrigerate for about 4 hours until set.
- Creme brûlée. Place all ingredients except for chocolate and mandarin slices into TM bowl. Blend 1 min/speed 3.
- Cook 15 minutes/90°C/speed 4. Carefully pour into glasses and keeping glasses upright, refrigerate overnight.
- Decorate with sliced mandarin and grated chocolate.
- You may grate a few thin slices of mandarin peel in your TM before adding the juice and sugar to make the mandarin.
- Strain before using.
- Use fresh mandarins or Clemengolds and juice them yourself.
- If using heat-proof clear glass or ramekin dishes, just before serving, sprinkle with raw castor sugar and heat with a chef’s blowtorch.
- Make the cream first in the Thermomix, refer to recipe of the week 19/2016. Use the warm cream for the Creme brûlée.
- Serve with almond biscotti.