165 g caster sugar
Grated lemon rind of 2 lemons
3 eggs, beaten
400 g ricotta
240 grams almond flour (see Tips)
Raspberries for garnishing
Icing sugar, for dusting
- Grease and line the sides and bottom of a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Place sugar and lemon rind into the TM bowl for 10 sec/speed 9.
- Add eggs, ricotta and almond flour and mix for 20 sec/speed 5 or until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean (don’t overcook the cake though, as you want it to be nice and moist).
- Place raspberries over the top of the cake and sprinkle with icing sugar just before serving.
- This cake can be served on its own or with a little yoghurt or ice-cream.
- Make your own almond flour: Place 240 g almonds into the bowl, and mill for 10 sec/speed 9.
This recipe was adapted from the Lemon & Ricotta Cake recipe, from Thermobliss.