240 g water
3 1/2 tsp dry yeast
5 g sugar
50 g butter
500 g bread flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 000 g water
50 g bicarbonate
2 tsp course salt to sprinkle on Bretzel
Method – preheat oven to 180°C. Bring a pot of water to the boil on the stove. Prepare a baking tray
- Mix water, yeast and sugar 2 min/37°C/speed 2.
- Add butter, flour and salt. Knead/2 min.
- Cut the dough into 10 bretzel shapes.
- Add bicarbonate to boiling water. Poach each Bretzel for 15 seconds. Place on baking tray and sprinkle with salt. Bake 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- 10 seconds before kneading time ends, add 1 tsp cumin seeds or to taste