Recipe from Devil of a Cookbook by Fiona Hoskin
Total Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
50g Parmesan, cubed
150g cheddar, cubed
1 small onion, halved
120g ham, roughly chopped
50g plain flour (for a gluten-free option, see below.)
Method – Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 25cm pie tin and set aside.
- Place parmesan and cheddar into mixing bowl and grate for 10 sec/speed 9. Set aside.
- Place onion and ham into mixing bowl and chop for 5 sec/speed 5.
- Add reserved cheeses and flour and blend for 5 sec/speed 4. Distribute evenly over base of prepared tin.
- Without washing mixing bowl, place eggs and milk into mixing bowl and mix for 3 sec/speed 3.
- Pour over base and cook for 40 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool slightly before slicing.
- Serve with a green salad and freshly baked bread.
- Replace the Parmesan cheese with another strong cheese such as gorgonzola or add more cheddar
- You may replace the ham with a tin of tuna.
- Sliced Vienna’s, tinned asparagus drained or even Pepperdews may be placed on the filling before pouring egg and milk mixture over.
- For a Gluten-free option, replace the flour with 30g cornstarch.