Juice and Zest of ½ Lemon or Lime (optional)
2 large or 3 medium ripe Avocados
1 large tomato
20 g onion
1 fresh chilli, deseeded (optional)
1 clove garlic
Salt and pepper
- Place lemon or lime peel in the TM bowl and grate for 5 sec/speed 7.
- Add avocado pulp with lemon/lime juice and remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix 5-10 sec/speed 5, until a smooth purée is formed.
- Pour into serving dish. Cover tightly with cling film or foil and refrigerate if not serving immediately.
- Keep 1 avocado pit/seed in the centre of your serving dish to help to retain the colour of the Guacamole.
- Omit the lime/lemon for a less zesty flavour
- Add some coriander or cream cheese for a slightly different flavour
- Mix for less time if you prefer a chunkier guacamole
- Add ½ tsp of cayenne pepper to give your guacamole a spicier flavour
This recipe was adapted from the Thermomix in Australia Guacamole Recipe