1 white onion, peeled and quartered
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 chilli (optional)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1/2 tsp cracked pepper
300g chicken stock refer to SA Odyssey recipe book
450g frozen hake or similar white fish
1 X 400g tin cannellini beans, drained
Italian parsley coarser chopped
Squeeze of lemon
- Place the onion, garlic and chilli in the TM bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 4.
- Add the olive oil and cook 4 min/90°C/reverse/speed 2. Using the TM spatula, scrape the sides down half way through.
- Add the thyme, pepper and stock.
- Place the frozen fish pieces into the bottom steamer. Steam 18 min/Varoma/speed 1. until just cooked. Transfer the steamed fish onto a board and roughly chop in pieces – set aside.
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes to the TM bowl and cook 4 min/90°C/reverse/speed 2.
- Gently stir through the beans and parsley and then the fish pieces, being careful not to break them up.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Sprinkle with parsley and a good squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Frozen hake works perfectly here, you can replace it with fresh fish or chicken breasts, however cooking time will need to be adjusted.
- If you would like it with more liquid then add another 100g – 150g water
- You can also add 200g of thinly sliced baby marrows when you add the mushrooms.
- Replace the fresh chicken stock with either a good teaspoon of Thermomix vegetable concentrate or chicken stock powder, and 300g water.