30g ground flaxseed
1 x 400g tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
45g sunflower oil
200g brown sugar
55g cocoa powder
1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
100 g dairy-free chocolate roughly chopped into chunks
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease and line a baking tin (approx 23 cm)
- Ground whole flaxseed for 16 sec/speed 9.
- Mix the ground flaxseed in a bowl with the 90g water and set aside to thicken.
- Place the beans in the TM bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 10.
- Scrape down the sides and blend 10 sec/speed 4, scrape down sides and repeat until you have a smooth paste.
- Add the flaxseed mixture, oil, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and vanilla and mix 30 sec/speed 5 into a rich and glossy batter.
- Add the chocolate chunks to the TM bowl and mix 15 sec/speed 4.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and then bake it in the oven for 55-60 min, stopping half way to cover the brownies loosely in foil.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down until just warm.
- If there are no nut allergies in the family you can add 55g ground almonds, when you add the sugar and cocoa, to give it a more nutty taste.
- Can be served as a warm pudding with vegan ice-cream.