1 thick slice of white bread
1 handful of flat leaf parsley
60g cheese (we used 30g pecorina, 30g cheddar)
100g stock (veg, fish, chicken which ever you have available)
salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste
150g smoked haddock
75g prawns, depending on size chop into smaller pieces.
750g peeled potatoes, diced to 2-3cm cubes.
75g double cream
salt and pepper to taste
Method – Preheat oven 180°C.
- Put all the ingredients for the topping into the TM bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 6. Set aside.
- Add the milk, stock, flour and butter for the white sauce into the TM bowl and mix 10 min/90°C/speed 4 add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste. Pour the sauce into a separate jug. Using the spatula clean the inside of the bowl as best you can.
- Place the potatoes and water into TM bowl and set to 20min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Place the fish and prawns in the varoma and put in place on top of the TM. Remove after 7-10 min (the fish should have barely lost its translucency) and flake into a pie dish.
- Cover with the white sauce and refrigerate for 10 min to allow to set. This makes putting the mash on top a little easier.
- Check that the potatoes are cooked and drain the water from the TM. Insert the butterfly and then add the cream, milk, butter and potatoes. Whizz for 10 sec/speed 4 or for longer depending on the texture you like.
- Spoon the potato in lumps over the fish and white sauce and smooth with a spatula.
- Add the reserved topping and bake in the oven for 25-30 min until golden and bubbling.
- Leave to stand for 5 min before serving.
- The cheddar in the topping can be substituted with gruyere cheese.
- One could also use cod instead of hake.