Serves: 1 large quiche or 12 mini muffins
200 g cheese
250 g bacon chopped roughly
20 g butter or Olive oil
500g milk (You could use half cream and half milk)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C
- Grease a pie dish or muffin pans.
- Place cheese into the TM bowl and grate for 10 sec/ speed 8. (If using hard cheese, Parmesan, only use and grate 100g at a time for 15 sec/ speed 8.)
- Set aside.
- Place onion and bacon into TM bowl and chop 5 sec /speed 5.
- Add olive oil and sauté for 3min /100°C.
- Add reserved cheeses, milk, flour, and eggs into TM bowl and mix for 10sec / speed 5.
- Pour into pan or muffin pans.
- Bake the large pan for 30 -35 min until set and golden. Let it rest for 10 before slicing. The “muffins” bake for15 -20 min until set and golden. Let rest for 5 min before taking out pans.
- The milk can be changed to half milk, half cream for a richer creamier quiche
- To make the “muffins” the same size you can use a ice cream scoop to fill the pans
- Variation:Change the bacon as below and add a few alternatives to make a brand new quiche:
- Use the bacon and add some chopped spinach to the sauté of the onions add Feta cheese (optional)
- Cheese and onion
- Chicken and corn kernels
- Oven roasted butternut and feta. Add a little garlic
- The variations are endless and easily substituted