1 sachet dry yeast
70 g caster sugar (mill normal sugar, see basic cookbook)
600 g all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
300 g milk
50 g unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
2 large eggs
90 g unsalted butter
220 g brown sugar, packed
2 tbsp cinnamon powder
Cream Cheese Glaze
90 g cream cheese, softened
50 g unsalted butter , softened
1 tsp vanilla extract (or essence)
150g caster sugar (milled in the Thermomix)
3 – 4 tbsp milk (or water)
- Place caster sugar, milk and yeast in your TM bowl. Heat for 2 min/37°C/speed 2.
- Add butter, flour, salt and eggs. Knead for 2 min
- Leave to rise in TM bowl for 1 – 1½ hours until doubled in size. Tip the dough into a lightly floured surface, then roll out into large rectangular shapes with a rolling pin.
- Place unsalted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon into TM bowl. Melt for 3 min/55°C/speed 2. Using a pastry brush, brush the butter mixture onto the rectangles.
- Roll up the dough into a long tube and cut it into 12 to 15 individual bun. Place them on a tray lined with grease proof paper. Cover with a tea towel and let it rise for another 45 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven at 190°C. Place the buns and bake for 20–25 minutes until golden brown.
- Place butter, cream cheese vanilla, and caster sugar in a bowl. Beat for 30 sec/speed 2.
- Drizzle over still warm buns and leave to cool.
- If you would like a more liquid glaze, add more milk or water