Butter, for greasing
10g anise seeds
70g dried cherries or cranberries
70g dried apricots
70g roasted salted cashew nuts
400g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- Grease and line a baking tray (30 x 40cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place anise seeds into mixing bowl and mill 20 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, and then repeat milling 20 sec/speed 9.
- Reserve 1 tsp of the ground anise seeds for the chocolate, and then transfer the rest into a sealable container and store in a cool, dry place for later use.
- Place dried cherries or cranberries and apricots into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place cashews into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 4. Transfer into the bowl with the chopped dried fruit and set aside. Rinse and dry mixing bowl.
- Place chocolate and reserved 1 tsp ground anise seeds into the mixing bowl and melt 3 min/50°C/speed 1. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then melt for a further 4 min/50°C/speed 1, or until all chocolate has melted.
- Pour chocolate onto prepared baking tray, and then scatter reserved cashew and fruit mixture over chocolate.
- Place in refrigerator and leave to set (approx. 2 hours). Remove from refrigerator, then break into shards or cut in pieces to serve.