140 g milk
1 tsp dry yeast
1/2 tsp brown sugar
225 g flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
5 cm of fresh ginger
2 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp of honey
225 g chicken breast skinless, cut into strips
3 spring onions
1 tbsp of fresh coriander
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp of sesame seeds
- Pour milk, yeast and sugar into your TM mixing bowl.
- Mix for 1 min/37°C/Speed 2.
- Add the flour and salt.
- Knead dough for 2 min/knead.
- Divide into 8 balls.
- Roll-out each piece of dough to 13-15 cm round.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Chop the ginger, coriander and spring onion for 1 sec/turbo, then scrape down the sides of bowl with the spatula.
- Add the oil, soy sauce and honey and cook for 2 Min/60°C/Speed 2.
- Add the chicken strips, salt and pepper and cook for a further 4 min/90°C/Reverse.
- Leave to cool down for a bit before filling the buns.
- Divide the chicken filling among the 8 rounds of dough, placing the filling in the centre of each.
- Beat the egg yolk and water for the topping in a small bowl. Brush a little of the mixture around the edge of each dough round.
- Bring the side of the dough to cover the filling and pinch the edges together to seal. Place the buns seam side down on the baking sheet/tray.
- Cover the buns with oiled clear film and leave to rise in a warm place for 30 min or until doubled in size.
- Brush the top of the buns with the remaining egg yolk mix and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Bake for 20 min or until golden brown.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool slightly. If you like, serve immediately while the buns are hot.