Brandy and Coke Glazed Gammon
1 large gammon joint
1 onion quartered
10 whole gloves + extra for finishing
2L of Coca-Cola
125 g brown sugar
20 g brandy
10 g cider vinegar
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
Pinch of ground cloves (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Place the gammon in a large casserole dish. Add the onion, whole cloves and Coca Cola and cook for at least 30 minutes per 500g, loosely covered.
- Once the gammon is cooked, lift it out of the cooking liquid and into an ovenproof dish and let it cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C
- Place the sugar, brandy, vinegar, mustard and ground cloves in the TM bowl and cook for 3-4min/100°C/speed 0.5 until sugar has dissolved. Do not boil.
- When the gammon is cool enough to handle, carefully peel the skin off. Score the fat to create a diamond pattern. The scoring helps the glaze to stay on the fat.
- Press a clove into the centre of each diamond and baste the fat liberally with the glaze, and return the gammon to the oven uncovered. Baste frequently until the glazed fat has browned to your liking.
Home-made sweet and tangy mustard sauce
Here is a decadent, homemade mustard sauce recipe. This sauce will complement our Gammon recipe. Enjoy!
162 g Dijon Mustard
385g condensed milk
- Place all the ingredients in the TM bowl and blend 20-30 sec/speed 4.