60g (2 slices) white bread
2 garlic Cloves
2cm ginger, fresh, peeled
80g (1 large) onion – quartered
10g olive oil
1kg mince – lean
2 tsp ground Coriander
2 tsp ground Cumin
2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp curry powder
30g lemon juice
30g brown sugar
30g tomato paste
30g apricot Jam – smooth
salt and pepper to taste
6 bay Leaves
(Milk from above)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Method – Preheat oven 180°C. Grease a deep 32 x 18cm ovenproof dish.
- Leave bread to soak in milk. Set aside.
- Chop garlic and ginger 5 secs/speed 7.
- Place onion in TM bowl. Chop 3 secs/speed 5.
- Add oil and sauté 3 mins/100°C/reverse/speed 1.
- Add mince. Cook 3 mins/100°C/reverse/speed soft. Stir with TM spatula and repeat cooking for a further 4 mins/100C/ reverse/speed soft. Using the TM spatula, you may need to stir once or twice during this time.
- Squeeze milk out of the bread. Set the milk aside. Excluding topping ingredients add bread to the mince along with all the other ingredients. Mix together 20 secs/reverse/speed 3. Stir with TM spatula and repeat.
- Cook a further 2 mins/100°C/Reverse/speed soft. Using TM spatula, scrape into oven proof dish and smooth flat. Do a quick rinse of the bowl.
- Place all ‘topping’ ingredients into TM bowl, including milk from bread. Blend 15 secs/speed 6. Pour topping mixture over meat mixture. Leave to stand for 10 minutes. Place bay leaves on top of egg mixture.
- Cook in oven for 1 hour or until the egg mixture has set.
- Serve with yellow rice, apricot chutney and a fresh green salad.