200 g sliced biltong
Half an onion
A handful of fresh basil
1 tub full cream, smooth cottage cheese
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
A few good grinds of black pepper
Cling wrap to refrigerate
- Add sliced biltong to the TM bowl and pulverise for 10 sec/speed 8 to make your own biltong powder. Pour into a separate container and set aside.
- Place onion and basil into bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 5.
- Add all other ingredients including biltong powder and mix 10 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down bowl and blend for another 10 sec/speed 5.
- Line a dessert bowl or plastic container with cling wrap, transfer the pâté, cover and refrigerate until use.
- If you’d prefer to use store bought biltong powder skip step 1, and add the powder to the ingredients in step 3.
This delicious recipe was adapted from Anina Meyer’s Biltong & Basil Pate recipe. You can find the original recipe on the following link: http://www.aninas-recipes.com/recipes/biltong-and-basil-pate/