300g double cream
300g full fat milk
1 vanilla pod
6 egg yolks
1 shot cold espresso per person
- Weigh cream and milk into TM bowl. Split vanilla pod lengthways and scrape the seeds into the TM bowl and add the pod.
- Add remaining ingredients. Heat 8 min/90°C/speed 2. Remove vanilla pod.
- Pour the mixture (not allowing it to be more than 3cm high) into a shallow container. Allow to cool completely then freeze overnight.
- Cut the frozen ice cream up into chunks no bigger than ice cubes. Place into TM bowl and churn 10 sec/speed 6. Depending on how firm the ice-cream is, you may need to repeat this.
- Either serve immediately or store in freezer until ready for use.
- To serve. Place a scoop of ice cream in a bowl and pour over espresso. Serve immediately.
- Replace the Marsala with whisky or leave out for an alcohol-free ice-cream.